Publish manuscript:Please read the guidelines for writers
The key concern of Tobacco Control would be to give a forum for research, analysis, commentary, and debate on policies, programmes, and methods which can be prone to further the objectives of the comprehensive tobacco control policy. In documents submitted for review the introduction should suggest why the study reported or dilemmas discussed are essential with regards to managing tobacco use, in addition to conversation section ought to include an analysis of the way the research reported plays a role in tobacco control goals.
Documents firmly anchored to a strategic policy and programme context are more inclined to be accepted for book. Given that log seeks to attain a readership that is international authors must look into whether their intended submissions target dilemmas or themes, that are apt to be of great interest to scientists involved in other countries. Extremely parochial dilemmas, that incorporate few classes for tobacco control policy outside a paper’s local context, are not likely to be provided with priority that is high. The manuscripts editors will generally speaking maybe maybe not offer priority that is high:
- Studies of cigarette smoking prevalence and its particular correlates. They are most suitable to journals that are national. Few people residing outside nation have an interest in whether that nation has 30% or 35% of cigarette cigarette cigarette smokers.
- Knowledge, attitudes, behaviour (KAB) studies of specific populace teams or medical researchers. Once more, they are better suited to national journals or even to wellness speciality that is professional. Few individuals in other nations are usually enthusiastic about (for instance) whether nurses in a regional medical center are thinking about helping patients quit. Nationwide studies, and people using studies that are such initial areas are of more interest.
- Reports that evoke unanimous “so what?” responses from the editors. They are documents with findings that appear to hold no apparent value for changing policy or training in tobacco control. They often times show methodological finery, but take us anywhere don’t essential or interesting.
- Advice pieces where in actuality the viewpoints are unoriginal, poorly argued, naive or neglect for crucial issues that are ethical favor of sloganeering.
- Documents that show the writers have not exposed Tobacco Control plus don’t understand its focus that is primary on control in the place of on tobacco and its particular usage and wellness consequences. We have been thinking about such documents, but as long as their writers address the implications of the findings for tobacco control.
- Papers with glaringly apparent, deadly problems that are methodological.
- Documents on topics that need very technical or language that is discipline-specific to be recognized because of the greater part of visitors.
- Documents that are replications of currently well-established findings or provide little new information.
- Neighborhood studies in which the implications for the journal’s audience that is international not clear.
- Reports written for governments or neighborhood wellness authorities that some body thought could be provided an instant make-over and presented as a log paper.
Tobacco Control adheres into the greatest requirements concerning its editorial policies on book ethics, clinical misconduct, permission and peer review criteria. To look at all BMJ Journal policies please reference the BMJ Author Hub policies web web page.
Articles are published under a licence that is exclusive non-exclusive licence for British Crown workers or where BMJ has agreed CC BY is applicable. The terms are as stated in accordance with our licence terms for US Federal Government officers or employees acting as part of their official duties. Writers or their employers retain copyright. Start access articles could be reused underneath the regards to the appropriate innovative Commons licence to facilitate reuse associated with content; please relate to the Tobacco Control Author Licence for the Creative that is applicable commons.
Tobacco industry funded work
Tobacco Control will likely not give consideration to for book documents reporting work funded, in entire or in component, by way of a tobacco business or tobacco industry company. Nor will the journal consider documents by writers who accept tobacco industry capital, including money for research expenses, for several or element of any author’s salary, or other types of personal remuneration. For more information, please look at this editorial offering the thinking behind the journal’s policy. Failure to declare contending passions at distribution, or when a write-up is commissioned, can lead to instant rejection for the paper. If your interest that is competing to light after publication, Tobacco Control will issue an official modification to or retraction for the entire paper, as appropriate.
Material previously published online
Tobacco Control is prepared to start thinking about documents based wholly or perhaps in part on material previously posted on line. But writers must look into an editorial about this topic: Prior book on the internet: brand brand brand new log policy. The editor keeps the customary straight to make modifications any way you like and in case required to reduce, aided by the approval regarding the author(s), product accepted for publication. Any written or material that is illustrative happens to be published somewhere else should be duly recognized and followed by the penned consent regarding the copyright owner (this might be the publisher as opposed to the writer).
Under unique circumstances in which a paper’s findings have actually instantly policy that is relevant warranting urgent book, manuscripts could be fast tracked prior to the normal queue of documents. If you feel you feel it is of sufficient importance to be handled urgently that you have good reasons why this is true for your paper, please detail these in a cover letter, explaining the importance of your work for the field and the reason. This request will not guarantee that the editors will concur, and just a couple of documents a year will undoubtedly be expedited about this foundation, nonetheless it can help the editors to judge the paper’s importance within the present context.
Formatting, terms and revised manuscripts
Papers on electric cigarettes should utilize the term cigarettes that are‘electronic on very very very first usage, and after that the abbreviation ‘e-cigarettes’ may be utilized. Documents on other delivery that is nicotine may continue steadily to utilize the definition of ‘electronic smoking distribution systems’ accompanied by the abbreviation ‘ENDS’ after very very very first usage.
Whenever uploading a revised manuscript, writers also needs to add an independent manuscript file showcasing the tracked changes to exhibit the editors the real difference through the past variation. The monitored modifications document must certanly be uploaded as a supplementary file.
Analysis gu > that is reporting
BMJ calls for conformity into the reporting that is following. Please upload write my essay the appropriate finished checklist for the research kind along with your distribution, and label it “Research checklist”. This can be indicated on the submission form if no relevant checklist is available for your study type.
CONSORT statement – necessary for all randomised managed trials
PRISMA statement – necessary for all systematic reviews
EVEREST statement – Required for several economic evaluations
STARD statement – Required for many research that is diagnostic
STROBE statement – necessary for all observational studies
SQUIRE statement – Required for several quality enhancement studies
Guidance and types can be obtained from EQUATOR.
We welcome video abstracts to come with accepted research articles. These enable authors to individually talk through their work beyond the limitations of a formal article to improve the user’s understanding. Note you to consider submitting a video abstract until your paper has been accepted that we will not ask. Please usually do not attempt to upload a video clip abstract upon initial distribution of the manuscript.
There are numerous tutorials online which could guide the creation of a video clip abstract, using commonly and sometimes easily available computer software. Windows film Maker and Apple iMovie will be the many typical examples. Samples of movie abstracts can be obtained from The BMJ. Listed here are a guidelines that are few making a video clip abstract. Writers could also would you like to ask their institution’s press/media workplace for help.
- Movie abstracts must not last for a longer time than 4 mins.
- The information while focusing of this video clip must connect straight to the research that’s been accepted for book, and may perhaps maybe not stray beyond the information. We suggest itself i.e. briefly outline the background/context of the study, present your research objective, outline the methods used, present the key results and then discuss the implications of the outcomes that you follow the same structure as the paper.
- The presentation and content for the movie must be in a mode as well as in terms which will be understandable and available to a broad medical market. The primary language should be English, but we welcome subtitles an additional language. Please avoid jargon that’ll not be acquainted to an extensive audience that is medical and don’t make use of abbreviations.
- Authors frequently talk straight into the digital digital camera and/or provide a slideshow, but we encourage the utilization of other appropriate artistic and sound product (such as for example animations, videos, nevertheless photographs, figures, infographics). Should you want to utilize product from formerly published work or from other sources, please receive the appropriate permissions through the appropriate publisher or copyright owner.